Thursday, January 21, 2010

Has anyone tried eyelash extensions?

As I get older, it seems my eyelashes are getting thinner. And shorter. I drove past a salon that advertised eyelash extensions, and it piqued my curiosity. I saw on abcnews.com that lots of celebs get them done (of course) but what about everyday people? I've never been very good at putting on false lashes myself. Have you guys tried them, and what do you think? Are they worth the price? Do they look good, or do they look like a 50's Barbie?Has anyone tried eyelash extensions?
yeah, but my natural one's were wayyy better.Has anyone tried eyelash extensions?
If you are attending a very special occasion then I would recommend getting them done professionally. They are very costly, and with a little practice you can have the same look.





You can purchase the Ardell Individual lashes and get the same look. You can find then at your local drug store and they come in various lengths. I prefer the Medium length. You will have to purchase the glue separately. It comes in clear or dark. I prefer the dark because it blends well with your lash line, use the clear if you have light lashes.





You will need a tweezer and the application is easy with a little practice. Remove the individual hair (three hairs are in one strand) dip it into the glue and place it in the middle of your lash line. Next step is to work your way to the outer edge and then from the center to the inner edge. You can go back and place more hairs if you would like a denser look. They should last about 2 weeks and then you will see some start to fall out. You can also apply mascara but, be careful when taking it off because you will loose a few hairs. You really don't need mascara.





I personally have worn them for years and feel naked when I take them off. They really do enhance your eyes beautifully. I always get compliments on them and people can't even tell they are fake.





So save your money and try it yourself...just be patient!!!


Good Lashing Luck!!!!
There are many different kinds of extensions, but the kind I tried were very nice natural looking ones that were each separately glued onto each of my existing lashes. They added volume and length without looking ridiculous, :).





However, they were a little expensive and I had to go back every three weeks to get them filled in, because our natural lashes fall out more than we realize, so I got the new lashes done as well.





Then I tried LiLash, which is a eyelash growth formula. I patiently used it for 5 weeks, and then my lashes started to grow on their own very very much!! This is about 140 buck a tube, but I swear this stuff seeps into my eyelash roots, cause after I stopped using it for a while, my lashes stilll grew! I'm using it again, and its very simple, just apply it like eyeliner at the base of your lashes twice a day!





Hope this helps! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment